Thursday, August 20, 2009

Sis Boom Stitches

I've had a Brother PE-700II embroidery machine for about a year and a half, and I can't believe how much use I've gotten out of it! Just about every gift I give has embroidery and/or an applique on it. It gives the extra special touch to handmade creations, and really jazzes up simple purchased items like towels and onesies.

I just love love love the motifs on Jennifer Paganelli's Sis Boom fabrics. They are so rich and intricate, and are truly works of art dappled on fabric. I just want to put them all over everything that isn't nailed down! Soooooo, I talked to Jennifer about the possibility of having her artwork translated to embroidery designs. That gal is up for anything fun and crafty, so she told me to go for it. I knew just the digitizer for the job, in fact. HeatherSue is one of my testers (and a good friend), and she has a reputation for absolutely perfect work. At first, I emailed her scans of motifs, and she turned them in amazing dimensional designs. Then I just mailed her some pieces of fabric, and she used her digitizer's eye to choose motifs for the designs. The finished products are available for download on SWAK Embroidery, sister site of YouCanMakeThis.com and my absolute favorite source for machine embroidery designs.

I've been going to town stitching these gorgeous designs on things for my friends, my home, and myself :) . Here are some examples:












I have so many other projects in mind...pillows, jeans, t-shirts...my machine is going to be busy! I'm especially looking forward to making things that combine Sis Boom fabrics AND the embroidery designs - true Sis Boom Bliss!

13 comments:

Shannon said...

LOVE it all! What great designs! I can't wait to create great things with these beautiful designs!

jeanette said...

Gasp! Beautiful!!! I love the towel - how elegant!
sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

Jennifer Paganelli said...

truly beautiful work..what's next..what can I say you have created a monster!!!

Unknown said...

Great inspirtaion!
I'm still afraid of my embroidery machine and no one local to teach the basics! One day!

Cathy said...

Wow I love all of your projects so far! The designs look so great!!!! I can't wait to break out my machine again and get started!!! Awesome Job Heather, Carla and Jennifer....you ladies ROCK!!!!!

HeatherSue said...

Thank you, Carla! You've made me blush with your compliments! I just love the way you've used the designs! So cool!

The Momtastic Stitcher said...

THOSE LOOK SO FABU...still wishing I had an embroidery machine...SIGH

Tom said...

How great are those? Love them all! Great work ladies!

Anonymous said...

Your design is so clean, simple and sober. I try to make one like this.


RITA

Cash Online Get Easy cash at your door step

Erika said...

What a great team you make! These designs are gorgeous and I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Kris said...

These designs are absolutely beautiful and you did a stunning job of adding them to the different projects pictures. I am happy to have them at SWAK!

Sara said...

Love those embroidery designs! My favorite is the towel--wow! Totally unrelated question: how could I be signed up as a potential tester for future patterns? I've been testing for another designer, and really enjoy the process! I would love to help test patterns you are working on! Thanks, Sara P.

Caroline ~ TrilliumDesign said...

Eeeeek why would you do this to me?? This idea is brilliant! I am forever digitizing designs from fabrics i love so that i can coordinate them onto other fabrics and it's very time consuming - glad to see these available somewhere - i can't wait to try these out.