Thursday, January 27, 2011

Romper Room

I'm happy to announce that my newest pattern, Reversible Rompers, is now available on YouCanMakeThis.Com! I've gotten so many requests for this pattern, and I really wish I had tackled it years ago. When Louie was little, he pretty much lived in rompers. They were just so cute and classic, and comfy to boot. When he hit about 3T, they became almost impossible to find. Why do clothing manufacturers want kids to grow up so quickly? Anyway, now that he is a big 6 year old kindergartener, he considers himself past the romper stage (though size-wise, he would have fit in the 5T, and I was very very very tempted). Luckily, I have some great friends with little ones (and awesome photography skills :) )!

Photobucket

This romper is totally reversible, so you get two outfits for your effort. The cutie above is donning a St. Patrick's romper (no pinching) that doubles as an Easter outfit!


Photobucket

The St. Pat's side is made of a stripey cotton and features this applique from SWAK embroidery. The Easter side is made from soft baby wale corduroy, and the wool felt chick applique is also from SWAK.
Photobucket
The romper can be made in a range of lengths from full-length to longish shorts length. This little hunk is anything but crabby in his short-alls! I used a boyish homespun fabric and this great applique on one side...

Photobucket
...and this awesome crab fabric on the reverse. I scored the fabric (which was exactly what I had in mind) at Stitches Etc. in Timonium MD. They have the most amazing selection of novelty fabric I have ever seen in one spot, and it is so well organized. How lucky am I that they are just a few miles from my house?


Photobucket

Ok, more rompers!!! This tough little pirate is wearing a jon-jon made from Sis Boom Basics Fabric, and this awesome applique...

Photobucket


And the reverse side features a fun beachy scene, also from Stitches etc! All of the rompers show above have snappable inseams for easy diaper changes. I included instructions for both snap tape and press-on snaps, but there are also instructions for sewn inseams.

Photobucket

The eBook comes with a bonus supplement that includes instructions for adding darling ruffles AND patterns for cute little dolly rompers!

Photobucket

Even with the ruffles, the romper is completely reversible!

Photobucket

There separate patterns for 18" girl dolls and 15" baby dolls. I just love American Girl Julie in her hip paisley romper!

A huge thank you to my testers!!! They gave me so much great feedback that allowed me to tweak the fit and fine tune the instructions. Their adorable creations can be seen on the "I made this" slideshow on the Reversible Romper product page on YouCanMakeThis.com.


4 comments:

Cathy said...

Love these cute rompers! So creative....you can really go all out! I love the fact that its reversible too!

judy said...

so cute and so happy to hear these are on you can make this!! The sis boom ruffle version is really awesome!!

MotherT said...

I love these rompers! With a little tweeking, they'd make an adorable "swim suit".

LouLou said...

I love the rompers! Is there anyway you'd sell me just the doll pattern? I have about 5 romper patterns. :)