Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Lace it UP just a Little. Tutorial


As you are probably aware the Sisboom Tobago is one of my favourites. It is cute, easy, plenty of options from shirt to dress, notched front or round and can be cut and sewn in 40 minutes!

To colour block it is really super simple. you simply cut your pattern where you want the colour block to be and when you cut fabric add 1/4" to each side for seam allowance. Sew the top and bottom (your pieces) together and then sew the pattern as directed. 


Since this is Lace it UP March in the lab group on facebook I also added a cute bit of lace to the front where the pieces met. I think it adds the perfect touch of sweetness to the vintage animals print. 


To the back piece I added an extra inch at the fold to gather before sewing the pieces together. 


I just like the look of a little gather in the back - and the 2yr old doesn't object about a little extra wiggle room (she likes to put her toes in her mouth still...)


What will you be sewing for your lace it up entry? This week was add a little lace, Next week let's see some all over lace!




3 comments:

My Litte Biscuit - all sewn up said...

cheeky question 0 can you enter more than once?

Carla Hegeman Crim said...

you bet My Little Biscuit!

Shanna said...

Very cute!!!