Monday, July 27, 2015

Open (ish) Back with Lace Sisboom Angie. a Sort of Tutorial


Anyone else loving all the cut outs this summer? I am!

This tutorial is barely a tutorial.... Sorry about that. I meant to do a proper one....but then I had to redo 3 times to get it how I wanted and don;t have pics of the process.... So this is an Advanced tutorial for those comfortable with pattern hacking and making things work. 

You line the front and then leave the shoulder seams open for putting the back straps into the front shoulder seams.

You will do an elastic casing inside the back piece instead of sewing as per the pattern to the dress.


For the back you cut the back as shown below. I found the black lines I did below a bit wide and added in some extra white lace to cover in to the red lines.




and totally normal looking Angie in the front !

and don't forget the UFO challenge ends when July does! 




1 comment:

bri said...

Business in the front, party in the back!
(but oh so much prettier than a mullet)