Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Getting Ready for Easter with KCW


I used the All the Rage Raglan pattern for the shirt and the Perfectly Preppy for the skort.

In my mind the looser fit shirt looked amazing with the skirt - casual and went with the pastels in the skirt kind of style. In actuality I wish I had followed the pattern directions to size down for a closer fit. Oh well, The shirt is SUPER cute with jeggings so it will get worn to Easter brunch

Because I knew I wanted the shirt not to be all loos at the bottom as I made it a looser fit in the top I left an inch open when I did the hem and threaded elastic through and then stitched it closed. This gives the shirt a cute "bubble" effect. 

(embroidery pattern from Urban Threads, fabric is all from Fabricland)

What are you sewing for Easter/spring?

1 comment:

Danice G said...

Very cute patterns. 'Love the shirt's bubble effect. The dress I sewed for the i Love To read Challenge is for my granddaughter's Easter. 'Thinking of sewing an additional one also :)