Monday, September 22, 2014

Raging Raglan Upcycle!



This weeks theme on Project run and Play is upcycle! So I thought and I thought.... and I was soooo stuck on what I should make! Upcycling in summer I had plenty more ideas... But I needed something cozy! 

I got the only 3 pieces that matched in my upcycle tote and realized they are all knit! So the All the Rage Raglan was meant to be!


I colourblocked the top by simply cutting the pattern where I wanted the colour block to be. The skirt I used for the dress portion of the front piece. I gathered it to fit the width of the top colourblocked piece. The maternity tank was a great amount of fabric for the top front colour block and the hood. The polka dot tank gave me the sleeves.


This dress is a little long right now, but it is cozy for winter and should still fit in the spring!


Perfect for running and playing in and long walks with puppy.



What upcycling have you done lately?

6 comments:

Carli The Quilter said...

I am making a Super Tote of Anna Grahams, Noodlehead blog. I'm reusing curtain material and antique barkcloth. I will post it as soon as I'm done.

Project Run & Play said...

What a darling dress! You are amazing. We made a knit dress from up cycled skirts this week too!

Simple Simon and Company said...

The perfect fall outfit....she is darling! Elizabeth

bethanycavanaugh@gmail.com said...

Adorable pattern! Knit dresses are the best, and yours is just darling.

bri said...

she couldn't be any more perfect. and i love the hoodie dress!

Paisley Roots said...

This is so cute Jeanine!