Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Bosco gets his Portrait!



Today I am going to take one of our free patterns, the Bosco Bowtie and use it to add a bit of fun to our Portrait Peasant dress.


Now of course the bowtie pattern is completely adorable as a bowtie, but I only have daughters and so I decided to girl up the bow tie by adding it to a dress :)

First I pinned and stitched some ric rac down along the seam (I used the empire bodice option). This step is  not necessary, but I just LOVE the look a bit of ric rac gives the finished dress. 


Next I took a sew on snap back and stitched it on. I put the bow over the dress and tried a few different spots out and decided I wanted it a bit off center. I didn't want it to get lost in the sides but also did not want it to be smack dab in the middle. 


And I stitched the opposite snap onto the back of the bow tie (which I did 100% sewn)




Now the bow just snaps on and off the dress!! I know what you are thinking, "Why not just sew the bow right onto the dress?" The reason I did not sew the bow right onto the dress is this, I have done that before, and after once through the washing machine that bow never looks the same! So this way I can snap it off and keep a perfectly perky bow and have a clean dress! 


Doesn't the bowtie just add the perfect finish to the dress?! I absolutely love it! I personally find the fun in sewing is in the finishing details, those extra touches that take it from plain to fabulous :)

 I also made another bowtie and attached it to a clip for a cute hair accessory ! The oldest was a tad jealous the youngest got a bow on her dress and NEEDED to have a bow as well.


To best keep up to date with our happenings (new patterns, sales, and to connect with us) join us in our facebook group! We'd love to see you there! 



No comments: