Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sweet Cathy!

Remember last summer (back when it was warm and sunny...sigh) when I went up to Jennifer Paganelli's Sis Boom paradise with my dear friend Cathy??? Well, I was totally "verklempt" over all the beautiful fabrics and clothing, but luckily science teacher Cathy kept her eagle-eyes peeled for designs that would be just as fun to make as they would be to wear! She scored a touchdown with what has become our latest pattern, and we giddily named it in her honor!




The Cathy Dress/Top is an adorable, easy-to-make ruffle neck frock in sizes 6/12 months to 11/12 years (you know we love to give you a huge size range in our epatterns)! Jen's gorgeous niece Sophie modeled one of the originals a few years back. I grabbed these amazing pictures out of Jennifer's Sis Boom Sightings Flickr pool! Her bright smile and great tan give me hope that summer will be here soon!




This style is truly perfect for little ones and tweens alike. You can make a full length dress for the beach, a spunky little top, or something in between that can be paired with leggings if the mood strikes. Our wonderfully talented friend Simone and her stunning daughters did an incredible job showcasing the different looks that one can get from the Cathy pattern. You can see all of her beautiful photos right here on Jen's blog.




Sophie is showing off the original single-edged bottom ruffle design. Our super-tester Tom had a great idea for a double-edged bottom ruffle (to tie in with the collar...very balanced and aesthetically pleasing), so we added it as an additional option. When Tom speaks, we listen!!!




Check out the product page on YCMT to see all of the testers' incredible creations.
They made up the whole range of sizes/styles and they are lovely! And check out Cathy's latest blog post to see one of her little sweeties dressed up in the design named for her mama! They are riding out the same blizzard that we are right now....crazy! I think I am just going to close the curtains, crawl under a quilt, and think spring!


7 comments:

Sew Pretty Dresses said...

Miss Carla C. LOVE your new design! Seriously I cannot keep up with you! I am still on the peasant dress pattern with the two tunics that followed suit sitting here on my desk waiting to be traced. LOL! But I do really love this one a lot! I have been wanting a similar design to make for my daughter. So I will be making a purchase at YCMT! If you ever need a tester let me know...
Oh and what pattern is the strappy crossed over top/dress the girls are wearing on Jen's blog? I have oogled that one quite a few times.

Anonymous said...

I just finished sewing the easy fit pants - my very first project - and loved how detailed your instructions were. I am going to try the A line dress for my niece. More adult patterns!

Rainee

Tom said...

Love this new top! I am humbled that you mentioned ME in your post! I am glad that you and the other testers liked my recommendation for a double edged ruffle! So cute!
Angie is anxiously waiting on the adult version. Hopefully it will warm up soon enough to actually wear it!

Cathy said...

Love you Carla!!! Those pics are fabulous and I am so excited about this design....and going to Jen's was verklempting experience for me too! Dreamy!

...t. said...

Tom Tom He's Our Man!!!

Jeanne said...

Wow! First you start with a little Carla-Jennifer collaberation, throw in some Cathy and Tom and it's fabulous! Lily loves her ruffle top and dress and I can't wait to make her a bunch more!

Danielle Muller said...

so pretty!!

blessings,
danielle
www.thevintagedragonfly.typepad.com